Sunday, June 29, 2014

Being plus sized does not score me a lot of dates neither a league of admirers like my lean and slender friends do and of course, this ultimately resulted in the lack of my self esteem and confidence. When it comes to shopping, I find it ridiculous that such tiny clothes are said to be free-sized even when they don't fit my not-so-huge frame. Sometimes, I do find it quite an offense when a sales person immediately pointed to me, a very large piece of clothing when I am quietly browsing in the store. I am a fit between UK12- UK14 (not so large aren't I?).

On another occasion, when I asked my boyfriend his first impression of me, he gave me THAT look - the kind which expresses utter disgust and distaste. Ouch! But of course, in the long run he looked past my physical characteristics and continues to love me which I am grateful for. Sometimes, I wish my boyfriend could gain some mass so he wouldn't look like a twig next to me (yes, he is stick thin).

Anyway, I chanced upon this beautiful plus-sized blogger on Facebook. She really is an inspiration and I hope I can learn to love my body just as much as she loves hers. My aim is not be skinny but beautifully-healthy on the inside and out. In shaa Allah.